Pour plaster into the mold of your choice.
Seat the larger half of the “Quick-Release” into the mold.
The smaller half of the Quick-Release is mounted on the wheel and will then center and secure the bat.
Make as many as you need for about a dollar a bat!
1. Pour plaster into mold and seat Quick-Release into back of mold.
2. Simply drop bat over the Quick-Release wheel head attachment and it’s centered & secure.
3.Brush bat with Talc to avoid facial creasing and then apply a measured clay paddy or slab to bat.
4. Draw clay down over bat and shape foot.
5. Test for thickness.
The best way to make plates is to eliminate trimming!
1. Draw clay down over bat.
2. Pull up knob or form foot
3. Test for correct thickness and you’re done.
This optional method allows you to change the size, change the contour, or impress a pattern.
1. Roll out a clay slab cut to fit and place in mold. Center mold on wheel (A clay chuck or a Giffin Grip is helpful). Sponge and rib the slab to desired contour.
2. Impress or carve pattern if desired.
Wait until almost leather hard and then
apply multiple coats of mold soap to slab.
Pour mold and seat Quick-Release.
3. Thrown plate from patterned bat.